On 4/29/2015 12:42 PM, Bob Briscoe wrote:
> Richard, Wes,
>
> 1) The AQM charter says:
> "Dec 2014 - Submit first algorithm specification to IESG for publication
> as Proposed Standard"

Hi Bob, thanks for raising this, since it probably requires some
clarification and discussion.  I thought we'd outlined this a bit
on the list and through discussion a couple meetings ago, but it
might not have been integrated back into the charter.

I think the intention when chartering was to enable us to put
something on Standards Track, if there is consensus, but not
to limit us to only Standards Track.

It seems apparent that there are drafts which the group has
agreed are worth publishing (the ones we've adopted), and part
of submitting them for publication is deciding on the status
they'll be stamped with.  If the group wants to do Informational
or Experimental and feels those are more appropriate, then
obviously that's what we'll do.

I'm pretty sure our ADs support that, but am happy for them to
jump in and correct it, if not!

--
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems