On 3/6/23 02:50, Óscar García Amor wrote:

Interesting, I'll take a look at it when you upload the code.

I'd appreciate wider testing on the code - we all know that just because it works for me, doesn't mean it will work everywhere with certainty.

It would be super helpful if others can test the code.

A safe and simple test is just to run the dual-root-tool script with no arguments. This can be run as non-root user, It simply prints some information about the currently booted <esp>.

Should work whether there is 1 <esp> or more.

I plan to upload the code today after some more local testing here.
I will also make an aur package which will provide both the tool and a systemd service to bind mount the currently booted esp onto /boot.

Details are in the notes [1]

Thanks again for sharing ideas and suggestions - it is definitely making things a lot better!

best

gene

 [1] https://github.com/gene-git/blog