You are u justified ranting here for a whole wall of text instead of editing a
simple text file that anyone can understand with zero knowledge of the
specifics.
Its a part of the toolkit to the same degree as man pages are. We are also not
wanting to soften up the integrity of man pages just because a contributor
never touched man pages. You are more then capable of editing a single line in
a text file you not fully know every detail about just by purely observing to
the same degree I was able to restore its integrity without ever having done
zsh completions before.
Its not the responsibility of the maintainers to fix up man pages and
completions for all eternity whe also offering help and hints how to adjust
them when people don't know a out them.
I restored the zsh integrity and I'm happy to point people to how to keep them
in tact with their changes but I'm not a cleanup boy because someone is too
lazy to change a text file.