Welcome to the positive corner of the internet. Here’s a daily digest designed
to make you healthier in less than 5 minutes. If you were forwarded this
message, you can get [the free daily email here.](https://arnoldspumpclub.com/)​

## **Today’s Health Upgrade**

* Arnold’s Corner: It’s Time

* The Original TRT

* Workouts of the Week

----------
# **Arnold’s Podcast**

--------------------
**Motivation every day. **_Want Arnold to help you start your day?_ Each
morning, we post a new podcast with tips you’ll find in the daily email and
bonus stories, wisdom, and motivation from Arnold. Listen to Arnold's Pump Club
podcast. It's like the daily newsletter but with additional narration and
thoughts from Arnold. You can subscribe on
[Apple](https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/arnolds-pump-club/id1680075779),
[Spotify](https://open.spotify.com/show/3zEuv36dCAHKzipTawJqVV?si=r9P--vxNRDOwC6w-TobbdA&dd=1&nd=1),

[Google](https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy9kZGU3YTgyOC9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw),
 or wherever you listen to podcasts.

----------## Arnold’s Corner: It’s Time

It’s time! I know all of you have been patiently waiting, and today, we are
opening up The Pump app to the whole village.

**Head to **[thepump.app](https://thepump.app/)** to download and use the
referral code ARNOLD to get in. **

[Note: If you get an error, give it a few minutes and try again. We’ve prepared
the servers for you, but the developers told us there are so many of you that
if everybody clicks at once, it won’t matter, there will be outages. Honestly,
I love that our village is that big. But it might take a few tries!]

We opened to our 5,000 founding members in April, and we were excited that all
those spots sold out in less than 72 hours. We have worked nonstop ever since,
and our founding members gave us unbelievable advice. They’ve helped pump up
the app by finding bugs, suggesting features, and telling us where they want us
to focus. **I always say no one is self-made, and when this app becomes the
greatest fitness app of all time, I want you to remember that it was a team
effort.**

Beyond helping to refine the app while they refined their bodies with our
workout programs, I want to thank our founding members for something else: they
have turned the community in The Pump into the Positive Corner of the Internet.

It is one thing for us to make this newsletter the positive corner because we
control what goes in it. Still, everybody told us that it would be impossible
to keep this positivity going when we opened up a community to comments. Well,
when you see the comments, you’ll see that our founding members believe in my
rule about not listening to the naysayers. **They share wins, struggles,
feelings, and relentlessly, like a Terminator, they pump each other up. I am
really proud of the workout programs, habit builder, and the technical parts of
the app, but I am most proud of all of you just spreading joy and support every
day.**

It really feels like the camaraderie I have always loved about the gym — just a
lot of people coming together on their own missions, and everybody has one
thing in common: __they’re looking to be better today than they were
yesterday.__

Now, it’s time to grow beyond the 5,000. And I want to be clear that our goal
is to maintain that positive feeling. **We will have a zero-tolerance policy
for any trolling, and that’s why right now, we are only opening up the app
village to the newsletter village. **You guys know what we are all about.

Here’s what you can expect in the Pump:

_**Training**_

This is the best workout program you’ve ever had. Just trust me. This isn’t
like the fitness apps that let you go from one program to another because
that’s not how you will progress. And I would rather have 100,000 users with
amazing progress than a million frustrated they’re stagnant.

I help guide you through all the workouts with exercise videos and
instructional tips. We lock you into a program called The Foundation for your
first 90 days. Along with different plans based on your gender, you get a
different plan based on whether you have access to a gym or you want to do
bodyweight training, whether you are just starting from scratch, you’re
intermediate, or you’ve been training forever, and whether your goal is getting
bigger or getting leaner. But everybody starts with a 90-day foundation
customized to your goals, so you’re all in this together.

This is funny now that our founding group is on to their second or third
program, but you wouldn’t believe how many messages we got in the first week or
two after opening: “Arnold, this looks too easy…” It was fantastic watching
those messages change to messages about how much progress they were seeing
compared to their old way of training. And to messages saying, “That damn
Arnold crushed me, but it feels good.”

_**Habits**_

We created a habit builder feature that lets you do what we always push in this
newsletter: pick a vision, pick a daily goal to get closer to that vision, and
mark it off every day. We limit you to 3 daily actions so you don’t get crazy
and build too big of a routine and fail, but we finally launched this last
week, and the members are saying it is helping them meet their goals from
playing music to not snacking after dinner.

_**Support and Accountability**_

This is the best community on the entire internet. I do a Q&A almost every
week, and I can’t wait to answer your questions. We also have Q&A’s with top
experts, and Adam and Daniel are there to help you overcome all your hurdles.
That’s in addition to challenges and articles about health, fitness, and
nutrition. And there is one constant: the comment sections are pure inspiration.

But you don’t have to listen to me. Check it out for yourself. **When you
join,** **there is a 7-day free trial, but I guarantee you'll be hooked once
you try the workouts and interact with the village. Go to
**[thepump.app](http://thepump.app/)**. Use referral code: ARNOLD.**

We wanted the positive corner of the internet to be accessible, so the price is
lower than that famous social media site that can’t decide on a name but always
leaves you angry. The difference is you’ll always feel good when you close The
Pump.

Now, nothing changes for those who don’t think you’re ready for an app with a
designed program or those who only want free workouts. We’ll always have the
workout of the week and all the motivation and information you’re used to right
here for free. That’s my commitment to you.

But if you are in that group that doesn’t feel ready, today’s workout of the
week is our first workout for the Starting from Scratch Foundation from the app
just to give you a taste and let you know that we live by my motto that fitness
is truly for everyone. And since it would be rude to leave everybody else out,
we are also including an intermediate and an advanced workout.

Remember, these are 90-day programs, and this is a snapshot. All the programs
are based on my programming. They get harder every week because that’s the
definition of progressive resistance training, but one thing I’ve reminded the
app village over and over —  if it ever feels easy, you need to up the weights
or up your intensity. If you are taking a set just short of failure, it should
never feel easy.

I look forward to seeing all of you in The Pump!

## The Original TRT

What’s the fastest way to improve your hormones? Before you try supplements or
other pharmaceutical interventions, there’s one change you can make that
repeatedly leads to significant results.

[A 46-year research
review](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5477803/)** suggests**
**that getting leaner can boost your natural testosterone.**

Suffering from low testosterone can disrupt your day-to-day life, such as
suffering from low energy, mood disruptions, sleep trouble, less muscle, and
decreased libido.

The scientists conducted a comprehensive review and found that lifestyle
changes can be the quickest and most effective way to turn things around. In
particular, **losing fat and becoming leaner can boost testosterone by an
average of 30 percent.**

But it goes deeper than that. The more fat you lose, the more testosterone
tends to spike. According to [performance coach Dan
Garner](https://www.instagram.com/dangarnernutrition/), studies focusing on
testosterone have found that:

* Losing 5 percent of your weight results in a 58 ng/dL increase in
testosterone.

* Losing about 10 percent of weight results in an 84 ng/dL increase in
testosterone.

* Losing approximately 30 percent of your weight results in a 251 ng/dL
increase in testosterone.

As Garner points out: _“Body fat contains an enzyme called aromatase, which
converts testosterone into estrogen, the primary female sex hormone. As a man's
body fat percentage increases, so does the activity of this enzyme -- so adding
a testosterone booster to a body with existing elevated aromatase activity is
just as likely to give you more estrogen as testosterone.”_

There’s nothing wrong if you and your doctor determine you need hormone
replacement therapy, such as TRT. But, often, this is a step to take after
you’ve exhausted all lifestyle interventions. It’s an “easy button” that misses
the bigger picture and can cover up problems that cause your low testosterone
in the first place. **When you don’t address disruptive lifestyle behaviors,
you’re likely setting yourself up for more health issues down the road. **

By focusing on diet and training changes that reduce body fat and build muscle,
your testosterone will increase, your entire health will also improve, and
you’ll start looking and feeling better.

## Workouts of the Week

As Arnold promised above, here’s a snapshot of three different workouts in The
Pump app. Remember, when you join the app, you complete a questionnaire to help
customize a plan based on a few variables, including your experience, goals,
and access to a gym. Each week, you get updated plans that help you progress
the workouts based on Arnold’s workout philosophy. Whether or not you join the
app, we’ll provide a free workout every Monday.

_**Beginner**_

1. [Chair squats](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb59FuK01Zo): 3 x 10 reps

2. [Bench plank](https://youtu.be/J9K1A3We9dI?si=jj84azBiyo8MN_a1): 3 x 10
seconds

3. [Bodyweight squat](https://youtu.be/Hmmjb-vmT8U?si=26SFMamHr7T1ACSm): 3 x 8
reps

4. [Assisted (incline)
pushup](https://youtu.be/IALWxidCwgU?si=e2fiLqvid_bbnPEN): 3 x 8 reps

5. [Hip raise](https://youtu.be/fwTbvx9o8kE?si=siQFKltXMgnQD7VY): 3 x 8 reps

_**Intermediate**_

1. [Barbell squat:](https://youtu.be/08BLwIWmy_o?si=oIBIJmvhYFtB4KJ6) 3 sets x
10 reps

2A. [Dumbbell bench press](https://youtu.be/hC7Lha7vu3Y?si=mbGHJkszNYCQnZ_2): 2
x 10 reps

2B. [2-arm Dumbbell row](https://youtu.be/J6dUU9gIBnY?si=p1fa5Brci_yzKO2F): 2 x
10 reps

3A. [Dumbbell straight leg
deadlif](https://youtu.be/0aGiR1sYRbo?si=hhTcm1rfS55iDnP6)t: 2 x 10 reps

3B. [Dumbbell front squat](https://youtu.be/e4ggZTXXLok?si=HDIeRpfKipw6jn0u): 2
x 10 reps

4. Cable crunch 2 x 10 reps

_**Advanced**_

1. [Barbell deadlift](https://youtu.be/Ss6FARFppoY?si=8vfl_InqBDNaB4Xk): 3 sets
x 6 reps

2. [Incline barbell press](https://youtu.be/mlsFpzNshjU?si=OqmEfOCH3CCcyKoZ): 3
x 6 reps

3. [Lat pulldown](https://youtu.be/FmjhV4L_5-E?si=_8DrZM8rcNNY_9xH): 2 x 8 reps

4. [Dumbbell front squat](https://youtu.be/e4ggZTXXLok?si=HDIeRpfKipw6jn0u): 2
x 8 reps

5. [Leg extensions](https://youtu.be/g9LpJpmO-oA?si=YMze0KWyxImdH-Ov): 2 x 8
reps

6A. [Dumbbell overhead
press](https://youtu.be/iRBeEc0zEtA?si=R4q8shfprWXzhrTQ): 2 x 8 reps

6B. [Dumbbell biceps curls](https://youtu.be/0c1JPLaWf9g?si=AGsnORv96UTtTJPp):
2 x 8 reps

7. [Lying leg raise (abs)](https://youtu.be/_ZOJWfY-OGE?si=lUevo2uZqQODLWtt): 3
x 10 reps

Give the workouts a try, and let us know what you think!

—

**Publisher:** [Arnold Schwarzenegger](https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger)​

**Editors-in-chief:** [Adam Bornstein](https://www.instagram.com/bornfitness/)
and [Daniel Ketchell](https://twitter.com/ketch)

View image:
(https://media.beehiiv.com/cdn-cgi/image/fit=scale-down,format=auto,onerror=redirect,quality=80/uploads/asset/file/749e78fe-cdbf-43eb-98ed-486b5d7b33cf/be_useful_on_sale_image.png)
Follow image link: (https://beusefulbook.com/)
Caption:

———

You are reading a plain text version of this post. For the best experience,
copy and paste this link in your browser to view the post online:
https://arnoldspumpclub.schwarzenegger.com/p/welcome-pump-app