On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Sylvain Pasche <spas...@spasche.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to run Fedora 25 Server and Minimal images on a Raspberry Pi 2 device
> (images Fedora-Server-armhfp-25_Beta-1.1-sda.raw and
> Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-25-20161019.n.0-sda.raw).
>
> I can see output on the connected monitor during boot. At the end of the
> boot, it looks like the resolution changes and the monitor turns black (there
> is still a signal sent as it doesn't enter standby). Even if I switch to VT2
> and press enter to fill the screen with login prompts, nothing is visible.
>
> I tried the same image on a Pi 3 device and it works fine.
>
> Is there a parameter that could be used to prevent this behavior at the end
> of the boot?

Having booted it on a RPi3 do you already have a user setup on it? If
so can you ssh in and get a dump of the dmesg? Easiest way to do this
is with fpaste ("dnf install -y fpaste") and then do "dmesg | fpaste"
and provide the link.

Also are you running the latest kernel, or the one shipped with beta?
4.8.1 has some fixes so might be better.

The accelerated driver is a little new and we've seen some issues with
some of the EDID monitor detection, we're trying to get as much debug
before the final release so we can fix as many of these issues as
possible.

Peter