So anytime we need to restart AR System, it will be a restart of the java.exe
service?

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of "Rüdiger Tams (priv)"
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 3:42 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy 9

**
Hello,

there is one point I'd like to share:

Running BMC ARS 9 on Windows 2008, JAVA 7, I've investigated that the
arserver.exe does not allocate the huge amount of memory any more.
Instead there is a java.exe that allocates approx. 2GB RAM now. Is this a step
on the road to "pure Java ARS"?

If you have a monitoring on memory consumption of arserver.exe you now need an
additional rule that monitors the memory consumption of this java.exe.

Additionally if you want to separate your installation into different tomcats
you can have at least 4:
- Midtier default on http port 8080
- SmartReporting e.g. http port 8081
- Atrium CMDB WS (AXIS) e.g. http port 8082
- MyIT and SmartIT e.g. http port 8083

Regards
Rüdiger

        "Adams, Peter" <peter_ad...@bmc.com> hat am 20. Mai 2015 um 18:24
geschrieben:

        Remedy ITSM 9.0 release is certainly a bit more platform centric, if we
leave Smart IT/MyIT out of the discussion for a second.  The platform
modernization is a huge investment into the future of Remedy.

        But there are a number of enhancements that are very relevant for the
Service Desk for customers that use the mid-tier based UI. For example:

        ·         Smart Reporting – the amazing new in-app reporting and
dashboard technology that of course applies also to incident management (incl.
many ootb reports).

        ·         New application-level archiving allows customers to implement
continuous archiving based on business policy, thus reducing e.g. the number of
active incidents in the system. This will improve performance, search results,
etc. – aside from being more compliant with data retention policies.

        ·         FTS enhancements have significantly improved search
performance, incl. when searching incidents and knowledge (more than 10 times
in some cases).  New FTS architecture also improves high-availability.

        ·         RESTful API for Remedy that allows to more easily access the
incident management data.

        So, those enhancements were not necessarily in the core Incident
Management form/process, but very relevant to Service Desk personas and to the
way how they work. And all of this available to Remedy ITSM users without any
additional license fees.

        What enhancements you’d like to see for the incident management
form/process?  The Modern Service Desk is certainly something that BMC cares
about very much, and I
        Of course you can also post any suggestions for enhancements as Ideas
in the BMC Remedy ITSM community
<https://communities.bmc.com/community/bmcdn/bmc_it_service_support/incident_and_problem_process_management/content?filterID=contentstatus%5bpublished%5d~objecttype~objecttype%5bidea%5d>
 .

        Peter