Sales Dept @ fusionglass co, 30-06-2007 01:46:
I thought perhaps the art project was a site where artists donated physical
items of work and it was auctioned to raise money for the cause. I am a
glass artist will to be the first to donate work to this cause if there is
anyone willing to undertake its organization.

It's more to make banners, logos, posters, icons, new logos, maybe fonts and a lot of other visual elements.

The art items here are about OOo itself.

You could make a mock up of some OOo related glass art and post here, for instance:
http://contributing.openoffice.org/art.html

For organizing such a campaign, as you propose, I believe the marketing project itself would be more suitable:
http://contributing.openoffice.org/marketing.html

And, of course, you could contribute yourself otherwise:
http://contributing.openoffice.org/donate.html

Take a look at the art project page and keep reading the list. You may find some ways to help:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/art/