Hi Mateusz, Nik, *

thank you, Nik, for including the Art Project in this question.

Nikash V. SINGH schrieb:
Hi Mateusz,

The PDF you mentioned contains proposals for the Logo of OpenOffice.org 3.

*forgive my thinly veiled attempt to curb my frustration at this fact*
But since OpenOffice.org decided to do nothing to address their aging logo
going into version 3,
none of these proposals was considered or accepted.

I'm really sorry, that I wasn't able to raise the great work having been done on logo, icons and splash screens to a level where it could be considered as basis for an improved visual identity for OpenOffice.org.

We do need a new Art / Visual Design project - in a position that can work not only on marketing material, but on core graphical elements too.

It's probably not a good idea to use them in your artwork, being unofficial
works, as they are.

For "official" OOo business cards the graphical language of the actual product should be used. This enforces the position of OOo and it's perception in public.

I've CC'ed in the Art mailing list who might be able to help you source
official artwork.

Please have a look at the official artwork gallery:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/art/official_galleries.html

and the additional gallery for other artwork:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery

My sincere apologies.
-Nik