Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you a bit about my presentation and the feedback for the poster stand here at Orvieto.

I printed the poster [1] on several A4 sheets, took them to the conference and wanted to present them together as A0 poster on the display stands, but the stands consist of metal grid, so I decided to post them one by one.

A first glance of them can be seen at [2] and [3].

I added some sheet of paper where people could comment the posters, but this was not used very much. Someone wrote, that she liked the "Quill futuristic" best and "Quill" had a better font than the preevious one, she liked the "Flying chair" too, but thinks that this would not be possible in a business area because they tend to more serious ideas (unfortunately). Someone else "voted" for "Quill" as a very good font.

In my presentation (will be uploaded soon) most of the comments mentioned the preference of present users especially in business area to stay with the known and modify only what is really necessary. One commenter told from his company where the user were upset by the visual change from OOo2 to OOo3 - they just wanted to update the numbering on the splash screen...

I've been asked if we had defined the branding goals before we started to create the logos, and I replied that we did it the other way round: Starting with the ideas by the artists, then present them to the community to find out about the goals the community people prefer - and afterwards work in a group with branding/marketing experts on defining goals for the project the final artwork should follow.

With regard to a new branding project I mentioned my interest in including people from the different projects - and this seems to be taken quite positively.

(I thought - not too seriously - about a name for the new project - working name might be abcd.openoffice.org for art, branding and corporate design)

The video documentation [4] will contain my session too at the end of the day.

Best regards

Bernhard

[1]: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Logo_presentation_concept.png
[2]: http://imagebin.org/70706