Hi Raz, *

welcome to our team!
Hello,
My name is Raz Cumbe and I would like to help out with any graphical work
needed on openoffice.org.
Great! There is a lot to do here :-)
  There is a project open to redesign the "from file" button in the drawing
toolbar. I'd love to take a crack at this if possible.
Could you please tell me, where you found this task?
I know that some of the projects mentioned as "open" on the website have already been finished or fell asleep without anybody noticing it.

I don't remember having read about this project in the last time, so we might have a look before you start working on a task falsely mentioned as "open".
[...]
Please let me know if you would like me to work on the "from file" or any other
project.

If this task proves still open, you're more than welcome to work on the "from file" icon.

If not, you'll find enough other areas with too less contributions in our galleries:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery

We don't have any web buttons with a theme from OOo3, other areas like web banners or posters, flyers and so on would profit from additional contribution too.

During the next months we're going to broaden the aspect of this project to branding and visual design for OpenOffice.org in a new project, independent from the marketing project.

Therefore we'll need competence and creativity too...

Welcome again!

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: As you have not been subscribed to the mailing list, I had to moderate your mail in order to get it on the list and I CC'd you directly. If you didn't in between, please consider subscribing to the list. Details are to be found in the wiki:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Join_Us
If there are any questions still open, please ask here :-)