Hi Bernard,

first of all i missed my own goal to work on this independent of one special event. Now we are again in the situation that we have limited time ...

Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Jürgen, all,

I'm forwarding this mail to the Art project. Perhaps we can produce some cool artwork for posters, banners and merchandising.

Juergen Schmidt schrieb:
Hi,

as already communicated OOs will have again a stand at FOSDEM 2010. That
means we have to think about our presence there.

One thing is definitely to have some give aways in place which is common
practice and which is of course a good opportunity to promote our office
and to collect some donations as well.

Do you want to order the merchandising at Hamburg, at Bruxelles or should they be produced elsewhere and sent to you?

it depends, last year i have produced the t-shirts here in Hamburg because of the existing connection to the vendor. And the quality of the shirts was of course good ...

I will make some pictures of the shirt from last year and put it on the wiki from last year.

But we are flexible ...

The whole thing depends on available budget anyway and the budget holder expect concrete numbers ;-)

Sometimes the producers have special formats or limitations we need to respect - and I'd recommend to have a look at a prototype before the final production starts...
sure and as far as we know more details about the things we want to address we can work on more concrete offers with everything that is needed. But we can probably expect a 4color print or so ...

On the fos...@marketing list i have already posted some initial ideas
and because of the fact that we have again limited time i would like to
ask for design ideas for

- small circular sticker 50mm
- lanyard keychains
- cups
- t-shirts

Additional new ideas of other merchandising stuff are also welcome ;-)

What's about USB sticks (with OOo) - perhaps too expensive for give-aways?
yes, probably too expensive.

The current official logo should be part of any design. The logo +
something special. Special in the case that all people who bought a
t-Shirt this year will buy the new shirt next year as well because of
the coolness factor. Can achieve this??? I hope so ...

Do you want this special addition to be specially designed for FOSDEM or should the items be reused on other fairs and events too?
no, no special edition for FOSDEM. It's better to keep the stuff independent of an event for better reuse.

Additional to the merchandising stuff we should think about 1 or posters
that can we use at our stand. Posters showing some important info that
people should know ....

We need also some kind of banner of so that we can put at front of the
tables ...

More ideas???

Perhaps a o...@fosdem web button?
where do you want to use it?