Hi all,

thanks Florian for posting this message. Even if we wanted to give our
feedback much earlier, our spare time is limited and we wanted to
provide a summary we both can support...

As nobody replied so far, we are happy to address all your open
questions  ;-)

(Or is time at yours as limited as ours?)

You're welcome to comment the summary and ask questions to any of the
topics we discussed, but in the meantime I'd like to go on with the
agenda for the branding initiative.

As you read in the summary I don't insist on establishing a top level
OOo branding project at the moment, because we need the time and effort
for work on the content instead of architecture (and because of the
similar goals with marketing).

As new working area we thought of a dedicated mailing list, an area in
the wiki and a starting page from the OOo site.

As mailing list he already created
brand...@marketing.openoffice.org

For the wiki I'd propose
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/branding

and as entry point from the OOo site we should use
http://marketing.openoffice.org/branding

Wiki page and website page haven't been created by now, but if you don't
have any concerns we create them soon.

During the next days I'd like to start two actions to get this initiative working:

1) Collect thoughts about our main branding directive as basis for our work. This the most important point because all our visual representation should aim at the goals the community wants to reach with our product and our project. A consistent visual concept for all graphical representation of OpenOffice.org will help a lot in this area - thats one of the main goals of the branding initiative.

2) Invite people from any related project (art, marketing, website, UX, documentation, native-lang projects come to my mind) to join the initiative and play a part there contributing the thoughts and visual ideas already existent in their projects and bringing back to these projects the results of our discussions and recommendations.

After that we should start to work on the topics already mentioned in the Hamburg meeting summary.

Florian Effenberger schrieb:
[...] Action items for the branding project/initiative:

- Determine all branding relevant areas inside the OOo projects,
look how branding is done at the moment and involve the people
working on these areas in the common effort of creating a consistent
branding.

- Define the right number of general branding elements (we found two
or three should be enough if they are presented with similar
graphical surrounding wherever applicable). Find out, which one of
the present can be used unchanged, which need an update, which
should be dropped.

- Define guidelines for the right usage of the branding elements.
[...]

Such a change needs a certain amount of time to lead to a consistent
content of website(s), product, documentation and marketing
material.

Best regards

Bernhard