Hi all,

I'd like to invite you to join our activities for a consistent OOo branding.

Even if artwork is one of the basic tools for a consistent and successful branding, contributions from other areas are necessary.

Therefore we decided to establish an initiative like the UX project did with Renaissance:

We started a new mailing list
brand...@marketing.openoffice.org
and hope that all active Art Project members subscribe to this mailing list (send an empty mail to branding-subscr...@marketing.openoffice.org and reply to the automated confirmation mail) where we're going to start the activities already mentioned at the wiki page where we collected ideas for a new artwork and branding project:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Design_Artwork_and_Branding_Project_Proposal

I created a first draft of a starting page for this initiative, that should cover all the areas we want to address for a consistent branding. It's just a first idea and the links don't lead to any real content, but you might get an idea of what I mean...

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Branding_Initiative

Please comment on the branding list (or improve the page and it's subpages by your own...).

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: When the wiki pages are in a state that everybody can understand our goals, I'd like to invite the other projects (website, UX, documentation, native-lang ...) to join and work on a general branding and a consistent visual identity.