Hi Melissa,

just a few hours before you another new contributor joined our Art Project: Jacek Gaudasinski.

Please don't get me wrong, if I ask you to read the reply I sent to his posting, but my time is quite short today:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=art&msgNo=4149
(This mail didn't reach the archive by now, so I guessed the msgNo.
As attachments are stripped off by the mailing list server, I attach the mail here in order to inform you while the mailing list members shouldn't be annoyed by unnecessary download volume.

Be assured, that your contribution is appreciated very much!

melissa e vandiver schrieb:
Hi, I downloaded OpenOffice.org, and I'm excited because it's going to help
me get my new business running. I'm a big supporter of the open-source
movement and I'd like to help you guys out. I can't do any coding or
anything but I am proficient in graphic design and I am a professional fine
artist, so I have that to contribute. I hope I can help!

I'm sure you can! Welcome to our team!

Best regards

Bernhard
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Jacek,

welcome to the OpenOffice.org Art Project!

As your mail had to be moderated I'm CC'ing you, so you won't miss the
reply.

Jacek Gaudasinski schrieb:
Dear Open Office, I have been enjoying the benefits of your product
for a year now. I find it much better than Microsoft Office.

Thanks! Even if most of us here have never coded any line (most of us
started as happy users like you), we are happy that other people have
similar feelings about the software...

As I am an illustrator and a graphic designer I would like to
contribute some work to your project. [...]

We really appreciate your offer - from time to time we've been quite
active creating artwork for OpenOffice.org, now work has stalled a bit
(mainly because of the unfinished trademark policy for the new OpenOffice.org logo).

What is to be done now is a definition of guidelines how the logo should be used as well as the general visual style we need for a consistent branding.

In our wiki you can find most of the information we collected for Art and Branding. Please have a look at the starting pages
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art and
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Branding_Initiative
and at the sub-pages linked from them.

And if you have questions, find lacking information or want to start on a certain topic, please come back here (or to brand...@ooo, depending on the topic).

Please let me know whether you are interested considering my very
distinct style.

Speaking for myself, I like the detailed and narrative style you showed at the work you linked to in your mail. For the product something like your graphic design work (especially the logo and company design at the funnyandnotso page) might be even more relevant - if you want to be involved in our branding efforts - but for marketing I could imagine campaigns and artwork based on your neo-surrealistic style too.

Welcome again to our team!

Best regards

Bernhard