Hello,

As a discussion point, I recently produced some file mimetype icons using
the OpenDocument monogram and the Tango theme.

http://www.catnip.co.uk/opendocument/icons/#tango

I hope these are of interest.

Regards,

Pete.

On 06/12/06, Bernhard Dippold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Gabriel, *

https://bugs.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/42061

> As you can see, it is very important for the version 3.0 to use the GTK
> Icon
> Theme lookup. This will allow for better integration and flexibility.
There
> is something quite wrong if I can more easily get Koffice to integrate
into
> GNOME that OpenOffice. I realise that not all icons required for
OpenOffice
> will be found in the GTK Icon Themes. Therefore, I propose that the rest
of
> the icons in OpenOffice be Tango-based, as it seems to be the direction
in
> which the default GNOME theme is progressing.

As nobody posted any opposite opinion I think we should try to fit our
icon's colors with the Tango color scheme.

What we should think of, is, that there are only three blue tones in the
Tango scheme, so (if we want to keep a blue tone for Math) Writer should
get the dark blue and Math the light blue tone.

Our OOo blue is not included in the color scheme (and I don't think that
there is a change to get it included ...), but this only means, that it
should not be used in the icons - it isn't used in the present icons
either.

But to show you how it fits to the color scheme, I created a image
containing these four colors:
http://familie-dippold.de/OpenOffice.org/tango_blue_tones.png

Of course it is not necessary to combine OOo Blue with the darker Tango
tone, but for marketing materials and artwork the colors are a basis to
be worked on, IMHO.

Best regards

Bernhard