Hi!

Thomas Eckardt>> This test could be stopped - the version does not start on
Perl 5.10
Thomas Eckardt>> - 'unsupported feature'.
Thomas Eckardt>> So we have to wait until 5.10 is obsolet.

Grayhat> You're right, and it seems to be confirmed by this
Grayhat> http://docs.activestate.com/activeperl/5.14/lib/feature.html
Grayhat> scrolling down to the "unicode_strings" feature

 IMHO, main goal/purpose of testing ASSP v2.1.2 build (12043) ( assp_u01.pl.gz)
is _early_ detection some _possible_ problem with "Perl 5.14 unicode-related
improvements"

On Perl 5.12 ASSP v2.1.2 build (12043) ( assp_u01.pl.gz)  start and with line
of code
==
use feature 'unicode_strings';
==

{ Only as idea:

On Perl 5.10
==
Feature "unicode_strings" is not supported by Perl 5.10.1 at
C:\Inetpub\mailroot\ASSP\assp.pl line 51
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Inetpub\mailroot\ASSP\assp.pl line 51.
==

 simply comment line 51 in ASSP.pl :
==

}