Hi!

> And - I hope assp V2 was not your starting point for using ASSP.

Why?

> let me explain in what skills you need more than the 'IT-basics' to use ASSP
> V2.

Anti-advertising/Anti-Werbung? ;-)

IMHO:

{  _Absolutely_ need:

> And you should have read the complete GUI one time - some of the parts
> possibly more times. This will help you to get an overview and to see
> important hints and to remember them some time.

> - DNS server setup
> - some LDAP knowledge will help
> - setup and manage the DB of your choice to be used by assp, how its perl
> driver is implemented and configured

}

{ this need be known by sysadmin, in case use _any_ modern antispam solution:

> - SMTP handshake, mail/MIME stucture, encodings, charsets
> - you should know what SPF, SRS, DKIM, .  .  . are and how they are used
> - the usage of DNSBL queries

}

{  this need be known by sysadmin, in case use _any_ database / fileserver ,
etc.

> - system hardware design (disk IO optimization) - OS/kernel switches and
> functions and there optimized usage

}

{  Thomas: at this moment ASSP v2 work fine in all situations related this

> - it helps to know perl and if possible its threadding model

of course, in case use MySQL + BerkeleyDB

}

{
> - if BerkeleyDB is used you should know how to backup / restore and to
> repair it

 Use MySQL for all if possible, all other *.bdb and related -- de-facto can be
simple not repair, but delete :-)

}

{

 for beginners: simply not use this ( may be, in first time):

> BATV
> - if the ASSP_OCR plugin is used also for OCR - tesseract should be well
> known
> - if the ASSP_ARC plugin is used - openssl should be known
> - some more than basic SSL skills are fine
> - enhanced SNMP skills are required to use the assp SNMP interface
> - some programing skills in perl, HTML and JAVA script, if you want to
> modify the Blockreports

}

{

{