It is still possible to do honeypotting.
Yes, it requires more than a basic assp knowledge to do it in a perfect
way - but this is wanted.

To be some how complete, the following hidden parameters can also be used:

our $fakeAUTHsuccess = 0;                # (0/1/2) fake a 235 reply for
AUTH success - move the connection to NULL - collect the mail in spam -
used for honeypots - 2=with damping
our $fakeAUTHsuccessSendFake = 0;        # (0/1) send the faked mails from
the honeypot - make the spammers believe of success - attention: moves
assp in to something like an open relay for these mails

NOTICE: DON'T use these parameters if you use AUTH with ASSP !!!

'fakeAUTHsuccess' - fakes a successfull AUTH in any case - accepts the
mail and stores it
'fakeAUTHsuccessSendFake' - needs some more explanation:

>From time to time spammers try to authenticate. If success, they try to
send (relay !!!) a specific mail through assp to a valid spammers account.
This mail contains some innocent header and words (no SPAM!!). If they get
this specific mail back, they know, they have found a SMTP relay server
using the specific account. Only if they got this mail, they will send the
really spam.

'fakeAUTHsuccessSendFake' - forces ASSP to deliver this specific mail -
BUT also any other mail, for an unsuccessfull authentication !!!!

 NEVER leave the parameter 'fakeAUTHsuccessSendFake' enabled
unattented!!!!!!

Honeypotting as an explicit feature will be too complex or too simple.
Too complex, if anyone wants to decide in detail how a honeypott mail
should be detected and processed. An dedicated honeypott feature would
require, that any honeypott setting has to be cross checked against the
other assp settings. At least, the current code provides such settings and
behavior.
Too simple for the case : honeypott-address used ->spam collection - this
behavior is still implemented (see below).

I like the idea, to collect HAM detected honeypott mails in a mailbox.
This makes it possible to investigate, why they were not spam and to make
dedicated configuration changes.
Otherwise, defining the honeypott addresses in 'spamaddresses' and setting
'DoNotBlockCollect' to ON in addition to 'hlSpamLovers' and 'nodelay' ,
should do the tick.

Thomas

Von:    K Post <nntp.p...@gmail.com>
Datum:  04.08.2015 17:27
Betreff:        Re: [Assp-test] Fwd: Honeypot addresses,        any way to
bypass extremepb?

Very interesting Thomas.  Accepting the mail and then reporting is a
fascinating idea!  Gotta figure that out on the MTA side.  I guess I'll
ask
for complete honeypotting as a feature request in ASSP now, purely as a
pipe-dream, but with the hopes that you'll be so inspired and somehow
carve
out the time.

Thanks

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Thomas Eckardt
<thomas.ecka...@thockar.com>