Von:    Scott MacLean <a...@hollsco.com>
Datum:  28.12.2015 16:21
Betreff:        Re: [Assp-test] Logs not rolling

There are no virus scanners installed on this server (including Windows
Defender), other than ClamAV, which is not configured to do realtime
file scanning, and is used only by ASSP. There are no backup tasks
running at midnight. I should mention that this problem only started a
few months ago, and the only thing that has changed on this server in
the past year has been regular ASSP upgrades.

On 12/28/2015 10:10 AM, grayhat wrote:
> It was Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:46:12 +0100 when
> Thomas Eckardt <thomas.ecka...@thockar.com> wrote:
>
>> The only reason I can see for this is a online filesystem virus
>> scanner (defender, MSE, ....), that is locking the just closed
>> maillog.txt. Define a scan exception rule for the 'assp/logs' folder.
> Or, even better, exclude the whole ASSP folder from AV checks; as
> you know, Thomas, ASSP may (and probably will) store "phish" and other
> nasty stuff (including viruses if configured to do so) to use them for
> the corpus so, an AV scan may delete that stuff and that won't do any
> good to ASSP, so better excluding the whole ASSP folder from scans and
> let ASSP work as it was designed :) sure, from time to time, one may
> schedule a scan (no removal, just check and signal) on the folder just
> to ensure things are ok, but aside from that, better leaving it alone

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally
privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed.
This email was multiple times scanned for viruses. There should be no
known virus in this email!