Hi Thomas,

Some time ago, I mentioned to you that periodically my logs did not roll
over - ASSP would continue writing to the previous day's log and I would
end up with logs containing two and sometimes three days worth of data.

When this occurred, I would see:

Oct-04-17 00:00:00: Rolling log file -- archive will be saved as
'logs/17-10-03.maillog.txt'
error: unable to rename file D:/ASSP/logs/maillog.txt to
D:/ASSP/logs/17-10-03.maillog.txt - Permission denied

Oct-02-17 00:00:01: Rolling log file -- archive will be saved as
'logs/17-10-01.maillog.txt'
error: unable to rename file D:/ASSP/logs/maillog.txt to
D:/ASSP/logs/17-10-01.maillog.txt - Permission denied

Nov-08-17 00:00:00: Rolling log file -- archive will be saved as
'logs/17-11-07.maillog.txt'
error: unable to rename file D:/ASSP/logs/maillog.txt to
D:/ASSP/logs/17-11-07.maillog.txt - Permission denied

I am now running ASSP on an entirely new platform, with much more CPU,
much more memory, much faster storage (all SSD)  and much lower overall
CPU load, on a different Perl (Strawberry instead of Active State) - and
yet I still see this happening at least once a week.

Usually - but not always - I see a "Main_Thread got connection request"
IMMEDIATELY after the "Rolling log file" log entry, with several lines
where the Main Thread is transferring the connection, and then the log
rolling fails with Permission Denied.

I can't say for sure without looking at the code, but is it possible
that because the log is being written to by a different thread/worker
when it is rolling the log, it is unable to rename the file?

Would it be worthwhile giving the rename process several retries if it
fails the first time, to try to get around this issue?