I checked perl/site/bin and already have the executables there.  They're
dated the same 2014 date as the ones in the 3.04 zip file.   I know text
extraction was working, I saw stuff in the logs about bombre matches from
text that was in pdf's (so that's good).  It's just a question of what's
making the workers hang when there's a couple PDF's

Also, the foolabs webpage says that the project is now at
http://www.xpdfreader.com/
They have 4.01 from August 2017 there.  Has this been tested with ASSP,
should it be used instead?

Thanks