But if the MX is missing, with your check the MXA will obviously always
fail.  Why not check if an A record exists for the sender hostname?  That's
legal per RFC.  That would avoid forcing manual tracking and turning on
mxcaching (which I don't do because so many of our vendors are idiots and
often mess up their records, I want it to check every time).