On 02/05/2014 11:57 PM, Thomas Eckardt wrote:
>> Is there any inherent problem in sharing the
> databases between these two different versions?
>
> This will not work for several tables, because both versions are storing
> different records (content) for the same set.
> V1 does not know 'mysqlSlaveMode' .

Okay, so I've updated both servers to the same version, 2.3.3(14029).

(Mind you, this is no small feat on older systems... as I had to install
a new perl version from source and then install numerous modules from CPAN.)

>> 2)  Will there be some problem with rebuildspamdb running on both
> systems since they both have different sets of spam mail?
>
> In every case, the rebuild should only run on one system. Share the
> folders or rsync the folders from slave to master.
> Both versions are using different mechanism to build the spamdb (+HMMdb
> V2) and to build the word lists for testing a mail. So the Bayesian check
> will run well on the system that has done the rebuild. The other one will
> have no detection or much much more less.

As a consequence to this I have moved spamdb out of the MySQL database
and back onto the "spamdb" file... on both systems.

Depending on their respective performances I may choose to rsync their
spam and notspam directories.

On a separate but related note... 2.3.3(14029) is blocking about 10% of
non-local mail whereas 1.9.9(13298) was blocking about 70% of non-local
mail.  However, I'm seeing noticeably less spam get through on 2.3.3
versus 1.9.9.  So clearly the "non-local mail blocked" statistics
between 2.3.3 and 1.9.9 are not tabulated equally between them.
Comments welcome.

Thanks,

Lee.