Hi Eric,
Under "TestModes and SPAM Tagging"you'll see:
Prepend Spam Subject (spamSubject) and
Prepend Spam Tag (spamTag)

The spamSubject gets prepended to the message's subject if you're in
testmode or when a message score is above PentaltyMessageLowLimit.  That's
why you're seeing [SPAM] prepended (good - you said you want that).

The spamTag checkbox puts the reasons that the message was scored.  The
option name isn't terribly clear in my opinion, but the the explanation in
the gui helps:

If checked, the method(s) ASSP used which caught the spam will be prepended
to the subject of the email. For example; [DNSBL]