On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 08:18:34AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I have a Polycom IP501 phone and have set it up to download the config from
> an FTP server, it did this once and now is in an endless loop of trying to
> contact the FTP server, failing, then rebooting.
>
> When I watch the FTP server logs it looks like the phone starts a session,
> ends it, starts it, ends it until the phone reboots.  It is annoying like
> nothing I can describe!
>
> I have tried Windows 2003 FTP service, WSFTP server and a few other Windows
> based FTP servers.  Anybody have an idea as to how to get around this?  I
> cannot get support on this phone (Polycom tells me to call the reseller and
> the reseller won't touch it for less than $95/hour).

Since you are running Asterisk, it would make sense to use a Linux based
FTP server. At least then you would have decent logging (turn on verbose
logging) which you can post the output of. I would also suggest sniffing
the FTP attempt with ethereal or tcpdump to get more info on it.

In any case, you are going to have to get more details:
When  you say "session", is it actually logging in correctly? Finding
the files it is looking for? Or is it just a connection attempt?

My guess is that it either is not logging in correctly or is not finding
the files it wants, or it IS finding a file but doesn't like it.
Possibly one or more of the files is corrupt.