Same for me here, freebsd ports and same usage.
Running from months on a Dell 1850(biXeon 4Gb ram) with no problems.

Olivier

Jean-Michel Hiver a écrit :
shadowym a écrit :

Hi there,

I am getting ready to set up a production Asterisk system. It needs to be
stable.  Upgrading, patching, rebooting, troubleshooting etc. are pretty
much NOT an option once this thing is deployed. Like any phone system, it
is expected to just work.
Try FreeBSD's Asterisk port. It has been working rock-solid for me so far. It's been a few weeks now with no issues (fingers crossed)...

But I admit that it does _JUST_ softswitching (i.e. call routing, load balancing and database CDR collection) and hence has the smallest possible feature set (search google: voip-info asterisk slimming).

Another option is to buy Digium's commercial edition of Asterisk, which is supposed to be just what you describe.

Best Regards,
Jean-Michel.