Do any one any clue.

This is what I need.
I have a Polycom 501 phone, which support multiple lines ie on the LCD you can
see the extensions asssigned to a user as.
  555 --- Line 1 -- Extensions which registers with SIP(Asterisk) -- User A
 8555 --- Line 2 -- Extensions which registers with SIP(Asterisk) -- User A
 So when now someone calls one Extension 555 to User A, scenario as below.
 1) If he is busy on the first line Ext 555, then ring Line 2 Ext 8555, if no
response send to voicemail
 2) If he doesnt picks the line 1 Ext 555, then send to voicemail rather then
ringging on his second line ie Ext 8555.
 This is what I need, if I can dow it with Follow me, then how, if through ring
group how.

Deepak Naidu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi,
        I ma using Asterisk 1.2.18 & FreePBX 2.2.1.  I have assigned every
users in office with Polycom with 2 extensions as below

 555
8555

I have configured Follow-me to ring when the users doesn't picks the phone on
line 1(555) after 10 seconds & then ring the line 2(8555).  But this is not a
standard telephony which I have been advised to change like below.

If someone calls Ext 555 & its busy(means on a phone with someone), then only
ring the second line ie 8555 & even if that is busy send on voicemail.

If the first line 555 is free & no one picks up then let it go on the
voicemail & not second line, bcos now no one has picked the phone nor busy.

I could find anyway to do in FreePBX, so was wondering how about doing this.
Thanx for any input.

exten => 555,1,Macro(exten-vm,555,555)
exten => 555,n,Hangup
exten =>  555,hint,SIP/555
exten => ${VM_PREFIX}555,1,Macro(vm,555,DIRECTDIAL)
exten => ${VM_PREFIX}555,n,Hangup

--
Deepak