Hi,

    I have read the docs, and now I want to attempt to setup Asterisk 1.6.  I
am not going to complicate it with load balancing, etc. The setup is just 1 SIP
line - no other in-house connections. All inbound traffic. I intend to keep
this simple.  Imagine that I sell pies in my neighborhood.. I want to make it
easy to order them. So I create a dialplan to receive a call, record the caller
id/ANI and time stamp, pickup the call, enter the IVR function ( play the
"Press 1 for Apple, 2 for Cherry, 3 Blueberry"), get the button presses/input,
and hangup. Later, I can get fancy, with order confirmation, etc. What I want
to know is this:  As inbound call volume increases, and my 1 server begins to
struggle, do I:
1.  Add a second server that just does IVR?  Is that a very advanced AGI thing?
2.  Add a second server that offloads other CPU intensive functions?
3.  Just keep it simple, add a 2nd server that is a clone of the first, and
load balance the calls - especially if you may bring UltraMonkey and *maybe*
DRBD (shared disk/iSCSI) into the picture in the future?

BTW, I am a Unix SA by trade, and so I am not a complete newbie.  It seems like
the easy answer is  #3, ESPECIALLY if you are already busy with IT functions,
plus baking the pies!

Thanks very much in advance.

Greg Banschbach