All,

I'm using Asterisk 1.6 and using Polycom 500's with SIP firmware 2.1.3. I can not seem to get the Message Waiting Indicator to work reliably (and in my opinion correctly) with voicemail.

I've got the following in my phone.cfg:
<reginfo>
<msg msg.bypassInstantMessage="1">
<mwi msg.mwi.1.callBack="*97" msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact" msg.mwi.1.subscribe="" ></mwi>
</reginfo>

and the indicator will come on if there is a new message but it won't go off when I delete the message. I think that after a period of hours it may go off. But the only way to make it go off quickly is to put some invalid chars into the subscribe string and reboot the phone and then switch it back and reboot again.

Does anyone know how to setup this phone to work with asterisk so that the indicator light comes on when there's a new message and goes off quickly (less than a minute) after the message is deleted?

Thanks,
Brian