Hi Kyle,

On 01-20-2011 20:41, Kyle Kienapfel wrote:
I understood that option worked the other way around so attacker
thinks peer name is invalid even when they hit a real one.

sorry, it must be because i'm not a native english speaker but i don't exactly get what you mean by the above.

to me it appears that attackers actually do know when they hit a valid peer name. now i switched the alwaysauthreject to yes (was on default). at the next attack i'll see if they now can determine if a peer name is valid or not. i'm expecting: not from now on.

So i was wondering through the sip.conf and found 'alwaysauthreject' which
was set to default (commented out).  I now set its value to yes (which i
thought was the default setting).

Does this setting makes the attacker believe that the first try of sip peer
name was valid, but only the password was incorrect?  So in this case should
they stick to the first name tried whatever it was?