On 01/24/2011 07:29 AM, RR wrote:
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:56 AM, RR <ranjt...@gmail.com
<mailto:ranjt...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Roger Burton West
    <ro...@firedrake.org <mailto:ro...@firedrake.org>> wrote:

        On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 02:58:45AM -0500, RR wrote:
         >In the meantime, does anyone have a nice way to update a
        stable/stock lenny
         >installation with the updated glibc as well as the latest kernel

        At this point the easiest option will be to upgrade to squeeze.

    Umm yeah that might not be a smart thing to do since eventually all
    of this needs to run in a production environment and Squeeze is
    still in a RC mode. Would be nice if I could go to it though but
    don't think it'll be that smart esp. all other software that needs
    to work along with it might break too...who knows

This a statement we hear from people periodically that just confuses me... they say they can't update to an 'RC' release of something (Linux distro, Asterisk, etc.) because they need to run in production mode, but they're willing to consider replacing something as fundamental as the Linux kernel (a bit scary) or glibc (very scary) instead.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kflem...@digium.com