>> - upgrade policy - is it intended that someone who has Debian 6 with
>> the existing Asterisk 1.6 packages (from Debian's maintainer) can just
>> upgrade to the Digium package without moving or changing any config?
>
> There is nothing specific about the packages that is going to make this
> situation any better or worse than any method of upgrading from Asterisk
> 1.6.X to Asterisk 1.8.  Issues related to version compatibility can be found
> in the UPGRADE*.txt files in the Asterisk source.
>
> http://svn.asterisk.org/view/asterisk/trunk/UPGRADE-1.8.txt?view=markup

Apart from the 1.8 release notes though, there is no need to do any
specific changes when going from the Debian-maintained 1.6 package to
the Digium-maintained 1.8?

I tried the packages (clean install) on one machine yesterday and I
noticed that they depend on some of the asterisk packages within the
Debian archive, while other packages get pulled down from the Digium
archive.  Is that intended?

I tried to do another machine today and found that your key has gone
missing from the key server:

# apt-key adv --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 175E41DF
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring
--secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name
/etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 175E41DF
gpg: requesting key 175E41DF from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpgkeys: key 175E41DF not found on keyserver
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

It was definitely there when I tried it yesterday - has it been revoked
or something?