On 30/05/2012, at 10:02 AM, Danny Dias wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does Hylafax and IAXmodem works with analog lines? or only with E1?

Hylafax can use any fax modems: available E1 or analogue, ISDN as long as it
can talk to it to send the commands

If you add asterisk and iaxmodem then hylafax can run through anything asterisk
is connected to - although it will suffer on SIP and IAX lines that have jitter
or bandwidth limitations

You only need iaxmodem to talk to asterisk, otherwise hylafax (or hylafax+) has
a whole list of supported hardware
http://www.hylafax.org/content/Hardware_Compatibility_List

> I've been checking some commercial solutions (in case Asterisk is not on
> site, and the customer wants a Fax Server as standalone), i saw FaxBack and
> Linkcom e-fax
>
> But again, if Hylafax and iaxmodem works also with analog lines, that would
> be better to use. Could you please confirm? any place to check How-To on
> Hylafax and Iaxmodem?
>
> Many thanks!!!

Cheers Duncan