From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Carlos Alvarez
[car...@televolve.com]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 4:58 PM
To: Asterisk Users List
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Intro to DECT vs IP

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Michelle Dupuis
<mdup...@ocg.ca<mailto:mdup...@ocg.ca>> wrote:
We've deoplyed a number of pure VoIP wireless (wifi & proprietary) phones,  but
not dect.

Is there a simple overview of integrating DECT phones with Asterisk somewhere?
I assume the DECT basestation has a multi-account SIP VoIP interface, and the
handsets are just plain old dect?

The SIP side of every DECT phone I've worked with looks/works just like any
regular SIP phone.  Asterisk just sees a SIP endpoint.  If it's
multi-handset/multi-account it's much like configuring a multi-line SIP phone.

Can you push configuration info to individual phones?  (Are they individually
addressible / configurable through SIP) etc?

This is all dependent on the phone/base, but every one I've used does.  Again,
it works just like any other SIP handset that supports a central config server.

Honestly while there's a little bit of learning to do, deploying a SIP-DECT
solution isn't really different from other phones and you should just jump into
it.

We are very pleased with Spectralink for larger/industrial applications and
Panasonic for small office applications.

Devote four hours to learning and you'll be comfortable with the configs for
either.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve