On 07/10/2012 01:50 PM, Carlos Alvarez wrote:

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpflem...@digium.com
<mailto:kpflem...@digium.com>> wrote:

    This can be done using Digium phones; they have built-in support for
    selecting which 'user' they should be when they are reconfigured.
    It's slightly more complicated than a simple login/logout because it
    requires rebooting the phone, but it's there and it works. They even
    support the case where a user has a phone at their house, but comes
    into the office and 'steals' their extension away from the house
    phone; the house phone will then go into an automatic
    reconfiguration state and wait for someone tell it which extension
    it should 'be'... when the user returns home, they can 'steal' the
    extension back from the office.

Unfortunately, telling them to dump 50-some Polycom phones that still
work is a tough one.  Not impossible though.  So if I understand
correctly, the user reboots the phone when he arrives, and goes into the
configure mode?  Is it end user friendly, or complex?  I still don't
have a server with the Digium phone module on it to test.

That's basically it, yes. I just did this on my D70:

* Press Menu, select Restart, press Yes.
* During the restart, while the progress bar is progressing, push a key. This results in 'Reconfiguration enabled' on the screen. * When the server list appears, choose one (if there is only one server, this will be skipped). * Choose a user from the user list and enter the PIN for it; alternatively, if a global PIN is required by the server, it will need to be entered before the user list will be displayed.
* Wait for the phone to configure itself.

This takes about 60 seconds.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kflem...@digium.com | SIP: kpflem...@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming