From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Dmitry
Sent: Thursday, 22 November 2012 6:58 PM
To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Queue_log into MySQL - best practices

Hi,

I use asterisk 1.8.
 Currently I use a perl daemon to parse queue_log into MySQL. It works reliably.

But I know that there is a method
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+queue_log+on+MySQL and
http://work.mikeboylan.com/asterisk-queuelog-to-mysql) to write to MySQL
directly with app_mysql which has a DEPRECATED status.

My question is:
What is the best/preffered approach to put queue_log into MySQL in asterisk 1.8
and up?
1) To use external daemons to parse /var/log/queue_log?
2) To use the deprecated app_mysql? the status does not guarantee that this
application will be in the future
3) To use odbc to access mysql? but I could not find a procedure for it. And I
doubt it is possible.

BR,
Dmitry Pavlenko