Hi,
one more hint... (trying to translate the commands to english)
in Thunderbird open -> Extras -> Filter.. ->
Filter-Name:  enter "Top Posting"
Subject -> Contains: enter "Top Posting"
Action: Delete

Markus

Am 02.01.2013 21:31, schrieb Steve Totaro:
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM, j...@millican.us <j...@millican.us> wrote:
On 1/2/2013 12:20 PM, Steve Totaro wrote:
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM, j...@millican.us <j...@millican.us>
wrote:
On 1/2/2013 11:30 AM, Richard Kenner wrote:
If things were properly trimmed, the email would be short enough that
it
really doesn't matter that much if the new material is on the top or
bottom, but people who top-post and don't trim create really
hard-to-follow
emails.
Not really true often times when people do the right thing and post
debug and conf files often required to get meaningful help.
Yes, but if you put those at the end, where they belong, people reading
the email can follow the thread quite easily and can ignore those if
they don't need them.  Certainly only a tiny part of such, if any at
all,
should be included in a reply.

Ok folks, could not stop myself any longer.   This pissing and moaning is
foolish to say the least.  There was a post a while ago in the original
hijacked thread by Steve Edwards that gave a link to the "rules of the
list"
at:
http://www.asterisk.org/community/discuss/

GO READ THEM!

Directly before the list of Rules is:

Show consideration. It's important to read the rules before posting on a
mailing list.

Sage advice if you ask me, and yes I know nobody actually asked me.

It is not hard to follow the rules .  If the nice folks at Digium took
the
time to post rules we should at least TRY to follow them. If you do not
like
the rules you can always petition Digium to change them but, taking up
bandwidth on the list in this all to frequent pissing match is a futile
waste of time.

Grow up, follow the rules, have a good day.
JohnM

I became a list member way before any such rule and never had to click
through and agree to these update ToS.

I am grandfathered in.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
So Steve, can I steal this and send it to the IRS? The ATF? Local Police
Department? <G>  Wouldn't that be nice!  Sorry couldn't  resist.

JohnM

What the hell are you implying?  The local police love me, I am in
good standing with the ATF, FBI, DoD, DoS, USAID, DoE, DoL, and NSA.

IRS wants some money in April but don't they always? LOL.

Thanks,
Steve T