On 25/09/13 09:54, Kumar Shantanu wrote:
I am facing a strange problem on my asterisk box (using isdn lines with pri card installed on it). Normal incoming/outgoing calls are working perfectly fine.

When a user dial a wrong/out-of-service number they don't hear back any such message like "The number is wrong or user is switched off" in some cases, and it's just a silence for the user.

Now while troubleshooting we set recording to ON for the extension so we can see what's there in the recording file(.gsm). When I am listing to the recording files it contains everything which users should be listening actually, like "the number you are dialling is not correct."

So the question is why user is not able to listen to this while asterisk itself is getting the message perfectly fine from the provider ? Am I missing something my dahdhi.conf ?

Or anybody having any idea about this can please put me through the right direction.

Try calling Progress() just before the dial command. Without this Asterisk wont send the SIP/183 Session Progress and send the inband audio until the call is answered.