Hi,

I try to find some information about CAS E1 signalling and how it's handled by Asterisk. My customer wants to connect to a BT ITS Netrix by CAS E1 E&M. The system is intended to take the channels and mix them (meetme / confbridge) and send the audio back mixed to each.

The layout:
BT ITS Netrix: CAS E1 E&M <-> MUX - WAN - MUX <-> Digium TE220, Asterisk

I've found some documensts describing the Dahdi configuration for CAS E1, but I have some unanswerd questions:

1. In asterisk can I get the channel-number of the call so I can have different logic for the different channels?

2. How do I handle answer / hangup with CAS? Will DAHDI keep this channels up, or should I query the state of the channels (how?) and bring them up myself if they are down (Dial?)

3. Other suggestions?

CAS is unknown territory for me so I appreciate all the pointers you have. Thank you!

--
Johan Wilfer