On 28/01/14 16:56, Steve McCann wrote:
Hello All,

I've asked this on the asterisk-dev list, so sorry for cross-posting. So far I'm not sure how to accomplish this without looking at the source code or looking at some other way to get around this issue.

I'm trying to have an automated call to an Aastra SIP phone and have the call auto-answeredby the phone. I know that a SIP call placed to the phone can be auto-answered if a certain SIP header is added to the call. I am able to apply the SIP headers manually and get that working (using SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: info=alert-autoanswer) in the dialplan, but for call files, I don’t seem to be able to edit any of the sip headers - there is only basic customizations allowed to setup the calls.

Does anyone know how I could place automated outgoing calls that would have the proper sip headers added to it that would allow the call to be auto-answered?

I've also posted this question to the forums here: http://forums.asterisk.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89190 <http://forums.asterisk.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89190>

Many thanks,
Steve

So I take it in the call file you have it set to call Dial(SIP/something) ?
If rather than dialling the sip destination immediately you dialled a local channel then it could add the custom header and then initiate the dial to the sip destination.