On Tue, 23 May 2023, Steve Matzura wrote:

...when I dial my number from a phone on the Internet or any phone outside my LAN, Asterisk does not respond in any way, which means somehow my system is not picking up the fact that there's an incoming call to it.

Or that you are not receiving any packets.

Enabling SIP debugging in Asterisk can yield clues.

`sudo tcpdump -i any -s 0 -v port 5060` can yield more clues. Note that tcpdump sees packets before iptables and Asterisk sees packets after iptables.

If you're getting packets, sngrep and wireshark can yield even more clues.

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST