Back in the day when I worked for Telstra Wholesale we did ISP cutovers
from Telstra ADSL to the Spectrum Share product. Teams of techs would go
into exchanges and cut them over, then hand over the FNN's to the teams in
the office to make the billing changes. Some poor schlub (...me) had to
compare the "remove" list with the "add" list (by hand, with a highlighter
pen!) to figure out if there were any "removes" without corresponding
"adds" - then fix the mistake.

Automating that comparison process was the first software I wrote where I
got paid for it.