On Wednesday, December 27, 2023, Andrew Pennebaker <
andrew.penneba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Simply acknowledging bash associative array syntax, would instantly
> improve the scalability of sh scripts.

.. in theory. Other shells would have to implement it first. Considering
some of them don't even have indexed arrays yet, I don't see this happening
anytime soon.
Perhaps you should target a specific implementation that has associative
arrays instead, like bash or zsh.

--
Oğuz
  • Request: Standard h... Andrew Pennebaker via austin-group-l at The Open Group