Hi!

Issue 8 XCU, ls, OPTIONS, -F says:
103308  −F  Do not follow symbolic links named as operands unless the −H or −L
options are
103309      specified. Write a <slash> ('/') immediately after each pathname
that is a
103310      directory, an <asterisk> ('*') after each that is executable, a
<vertical-line> ('|')
103311      after each that is a FIFO, an <equals-sign> ('=') after each that
is a socket, and a
103312      <commercial-at> ('@') after each that is a symbolic link. For other
file types, other
103313      symbols may be written.

This is unclear w.r.t. what's supposed to happen if a file is, say,
an executable FIFO.

STDOUT wants this to be one character,
so if we take this in the sentence order,
should executability then take precedent?
This is a reasonable read I think.

It's also wrong, all implementations apply the executableness test to
regular files only. This is also the only thing that really makes sense.

Should I forward this to a bug with a proposed resolution of
that is executable»"?

Best,