Hello dear contributors,

because I have obtained commit rights to the avahi repository, I were able to mark pull requests with various labels. I have spent couple hours yesterday looking through the backlog. I think we should focus first on bugs. I have marked some with important label [1], which I think should receive higher priority. I have merged just translations. I found multiple pull requests fixing just typo in comments or data files and marked them with documentation label. They should be safe to merge too, but I have left them just marked for now.

I would like to all others new maintainers to try to find time and review those pull request. If you take a look at them, please use 'Files changed' tab of a pull request and make a review. If you think that is safe to merge, please approve that explicitly by using Review changes button. I have found many changes just simple and safe fixes. But would like other's opinion if possible. I have not approved my own pull requests, I would like someone else to do that. Ideally every change should be agreed on at least by two people. Let's test whether that can work.

Some are more complex and I admit I lack detailed knowledge of mdns protocol. Because there are no visible unit tests or regression testing, I think a caution is required. I admit I use just quite a limited features of mdns, mostly just addresses translations. It might be a good idea to put together at least Markdown document with hints for testing. I have noticed some test programs in avahi-core folder, but not any description for its user. Slow way towards units test and make test target would be great. But first things first.

If you disagree with my label assignments, please add comment(s) to the appropriate PR. Thanks!

Regards,
Petr

1. https://github.com/lathiat/avahi/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Aimportant

--