Thanks a lot Steve,

That info helped me find the problem and now have solved it :))

Basically there was a form with several datasoources.  In the top datasoruce
in the reread method their was a call to research() for the sub datasources.

Now in some code the system modified the top table and then called reread of
the top ds.  So this caused research of the sub to be called which basically
will caused the jump to top (expected behaviour of research as far as I
understand).

The only thing I don’t understand is why it didn’t jump to top on every
record!  I guess its something about the form data cache or something like
that...

But I solved by taking the research() calls out of the top ds reread and
putting explicit rereads/refresh of the sub ds in the code.

Now it all seems to work great.

Anyone got any input on why research didn’t go to the top for every record?

Thanks
James