Hi,

Please don't read this in the wrong way but is the backstage project becoming stagnant?

A few months ago there was a lot of hype and it sounded promising but for me personally I havent seen much in the way of new "things" for the developing community to use. Yes, the feeds are great but to some extent they were already out there and if we're honest it was only a matter of time before people began to use them without the BBC's consent. We are yet to see anything of the API's which have been "to follow soon" for months now and there has been little implementation or word of it from any of the numerous prototypes that have been put out. As a group I've also noticed that messages are sparse and recently more about petty points than anything interesting to developing.

I think the concept of the backstage is great but I for one would like to see a more active, engaging approach from the BBC and I think there is only so many places one can take an RSS XML feed... How about some ideas from the BBC about things they would like to see? How about real life ideas which they potentially want to implement?
Any thoughts on this?

Jim.