Thanks, Gary for replying back.

I used the /dev/nst0 as a shortcut when I typed the command and I use the
/dev/tape/by-id/scsi-35000e111cc2d8001-nst in the bacula-sd.conf file just
in case the tape drive name gets changed by Centos when the server gets
rebooted (it tends to happen on rare occasions), so by using the
dev/tape/by-id/  this assures bacula to always find the tape device name no
matter what.
Nonetheless,.running the tapeinfo command but this time using the
/dev/tape/by-id outputs the same information:

[root@bacula02 ~]# tapeinfo -f /dev/tape/by-id/scsi-35000e111cc2d8001-nst
Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'IBM     '
Product ID: 'ULTRIUM-HH8     '
Revision: 'N9M1'
Attached Changer API: No
SerialNumber: '1097012184'
MinBlock: 1
MaxBlock: 8388608
SCSI ID: 1
SCSI LUN: 0
Ready: yes
BufferedMode: yes
Medium Type: 0x78
Density Code: 0x5c
BlockSize: 0
DataCompEnabled: yes
DataCompCapable: yes
DataDeCompEnabled: yes
CompType: 0xff
DeCompType: 0xff
BOP: yes
Block Position: 0
Partition 0 Remaining Kbytes: -1
Partition 0 Size in Kbytes: -1
ActivePartition: 0
EarlyWarningSize: 0
NumPartitions: 1
MaxPartitions: 3
Partition0: 1071
Partition1: 57857
Partition2: 0
Partition3: 0
--------------

This problem is a weird one, because like I said in my previous email, I'm
able to tar files directly to the tape drive, i.e. tar -cvf /dev/nst0  and
I'm able to extract them back.

If you notice while running the btape test, it appears that the command is
able to write to the drive the first file, then it reads the last block
back without a problem, but when it tries to write a second time, then it
fails:

12-Apr 15:59 btape JobId 0: Re-read of last block succeeded. <-----------
*btape: btape.c:1156-0 Error writing block to device.*

Is as if the drive is not writing the correct EOF bit at the end of the
file transfer.

Also, there's another command that outputs the drive status:

[root@bacula02 ~]# mt -f /dev/tape/by-id/scsi-35000e111cc2d8001-nst status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x5c (no translation).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

Thanks again.