Something can be both sacred mythology and factually true. Myth may imply false or innacurate or "made up" in the common vernacular, but parables are myths, and the Qur'an and Bible both clearly state that they are speaking in parables. If some of the parables happen to be true (ie, Jesus knew this guy who..., etc.) then that's not inconsistent, just can't be relied upon.

Often, however, the term myth is used in a way that derrogates a thing or belief, which I suspect is at the root of Dean's objection to framing the Faith in this way.

regards,
Christian.

Dean Betts wrote:

So all the Manifestations of God are part of "sacred mythology"?
This is repulsive to me, let alone anyone I might mention the Faith to.
Pehaps this is why I don't teach the Faith well.
To the average person, and according to common usage, myth and truth
are at odds, in fact opposites.