Why is it a "hyperbole"? you mean my words?

Dear Hasan,

No, no. Abdu'l-Baha's words here are hyperbole. It is a common literary device used a in Persian literature where one tends to extravagantly overstate one's point. I don't think Abdu'l-Baha believed the Persians were innately superior to other races. His point here is that they were not at all innately inferior as their present condition in relationship to the West might seem to suggest.

warmest, Susan